Hario gram scale
Amounts of coffee will vary depending on the size of the press. Use 2g of coffee per 1oz of water.
Example: 52 oz press needs 104 grams (3.6 oz) of coffee. 32 oz press needs 64 grams (2.2 oz) of coffee.
How to Brew using French Press
- Grind selected coffee on a COARSE setting and pour into French press.
- Fill the press up to the top of the metal band or half an inch below the spout using 205°F water.
- Give the coffee a quick, gentle stir. Place lid gently on top, not pressing the plunger down, and allow to brew for 4 minutes 30 seconds.
- When the time is up, SLOWLY press the plunger down until it reaches the bottom.
- Serve or decant immediately. Avoid letting the coffee sit in the press as this will result in over extraction.
There will be some sediment in the bottom of the cup due to the absence of a paper filter, offering a different mouth feel and greater body.